Tomorrow we join the United Nations in commemorating World AIDS Day. For more information about this UN Observance, please visit the World AIDS Day 2012 website by clicking here.
We will have a full post on World AIDS Day tomorrow, so check back for that information!
According to the World AIDS Day 2012 Website, the following goals are need our attention:
10 goals for 2015
- Sexual transmission of HIV reduced by half, including among young people, men who have sex with men and transmission in the context of sex work;
- Vertical transmission of HIV eliminated and AIDS-related maternal deaths reduced by half;
- All new HIV infections prevented among people who use drugs;
- Universal access to antiretroviral therapy for people living with HIV who are eligible for treatment;
- TB deaths among people living with HIV reduced by half;
- All people living with HIV and households affected by HIV are addressed in all national social protection strategies and have access to essential care and support;
- Countries with punitive laws and practices around HIV transmission, sex work, drug use or homosexuality that block effective responses reduced by half;
- HIV-related restrictions on entry, stay and residence eliminated in half of the countries that have such restrictions;
- HIV-specific needs of women and girls are addressed in at least half of all national HIV responses;
- Zero tolerance for gender-based violence.